Apache OpenOffice™ is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. It stores documents in the ISO/IEC standard OpenDocument Format (ODF) for data interchange as its default file format, and also supports reading and writing to the Microsoft Office format among others.
Application DescriptionApache OpenOffice™ is synonymous with quality. Compatible with other major office suites, the software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product. By using it you'll get:
- Writer – a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc – a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress – the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw – lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base – lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within OpenOffice.org.
- Math – lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.